Sunday, 19 August 2012

Faye's Perfect Baked Potatoes

I LOVE baked potatoes, they are the perfect i-can't-decide-what-to-have-for-tea solution and can be stuffed to the gills with a variety of delicious fillings or just simply naked with a slither of butter.

Now for years I have been disappointed with the turn out of my baked beauties as I had used the method of wrapping the potatoes in tin foil but they never got crispy or fluffy enough and if you put them in the microwave they turn out flabby and pathetic leaving you thinking what's the point?

Now this method has been given to me by my best friend Faye, ever since she cooked baked potatoes this way for me I've never looked back. They are wonderful. (photos of each step are below)

Get the oven roaring hot. First choose your potato; a floury potato like King Edward or Maris Piper is best, then thoroughly clean them- I know the packets say they have been washed but there is nothing worse than getting a mouthful of dirt. Dry them, stab them with a fork making sure you do a couple really deep ones. Then cover the potatoes in olive oil, you just want a light coverage so a put about a tablespoon or so in my hands, rub together and adorn the potatoes with it. Sprinkle salt on and cook at about 175-200 degrees for about an hour until the potatoes have a crispy skin and are soft and fluffy on the inside.

I have also recently been told that the best way to split your potato is to punch or "karate chop" it. You have to be quick but the result is a potato that splits and has a fluffy inside.

What fillings do you prefer in your spud?

No drama xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comment, question or opinion on my blog. I'd love to hear from you and your experiences.

Thank you!