Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Chilli Cheese Dogs With Love


Soooooo yesterday Mr Wise and I celebrated our four year anniversary!!
For our anniversaries we don't go crazy and buy each other mountains of crap, because I coudl buy Mr Wise mountains of crap every day of the year not just this one day.
Anyhoo, our tradition is that I will make Louis whatever tea his little heart desires. It's usually steak of some variety, or risotto but this year the mister was craving something a little different;
These were absolutely gorgeous!!
I have always been a bit funny with hot dogs ever since I watched a programme as to how they were made (mechanically re-claimed chicken??? NO THANK YOU!)
So when we spotted these in the Kosher section of our local supermarket, we were very happy
Here's how I made them;
  • 500g lean beef mince
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 diced onion
  • 1 tin of tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp tomato puree
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika (hot)
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 stock cube(beef)
  • 1 tin of kidney beans
  • salt and pepper for seasoning
  • 4 hot dogs
  • 4 hot dog buns, split
  • grated cheddar cheese, to garnish
Directions
1. In a large pan, cook beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, puree, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, coriander, stock cube, kidney beans and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, add a touch of water if needed. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Keep hot until serving.
2.  Grill or broil hot dogs until heated through. Place on buns; top with chili. Sprinkle cheese if desired.
I grilled the hot dogs on our griddle pan and I was so glad I did so. The slight char flavour that was given to the hot dogs was impeccable.
There was nothing but sounds of delight coming from Louis, so I knew I definitely nailed the anniversary dinner. We will be in Europe for our honeymoon next year on our anniversary- I wonder what we will be eating then??
Happy Anniversary darling, here's to four more years
No Drama, lots of love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comment, question or opinion on my blog. I'd love to hear from you and your experiences.

Thank you!